Meet with others in a small friendly group, practice creative textiles, have a chat, and buy a cuppa from the café. You’ll be made very welcome!
We meet in the Upper Room Cafe, which is accessed from the car park behind Tesco’s in Cheadle. Go through the entrance next to Tesco’s back door, up the steps (or use the lift) and you’ll find us in the room ahead.
10am - 12 noon on alternate Fridays. £1 per session. The next group will be held on Friday 28 January
What we do
• You’ll practice a range of textile techniques such as needle felting, hand embroidery, the use of transfer paint, and more.
• Try something new or rediscover an old interest. Learning new things helps increase our confidence as well as being fun.
• Suitable for complete beginners or those with some experience
• New projects are discussed within the group, and we are always open to new ideas. Although creative textiles is the main subject there are occasional craft projects too. And it’s fine to just bring your knitting – or any other projects - and get on with those!
• The session charge covers use of some materials, though group members also bring their own basic kit such as notepad and pencil, sewing needles and scissors etc
• The café has a wide range of hot drinks, stocks delicious homemade cakes, and offers a wide range of light lunchtime meals or snacks. Click here to find our more about the Cafe.
It doubles as a gallery space and displays work by local artists, much of it for sale.
Please come and join us, everybody is welcome